Maid of Honor Duties | Support | Planning
The maid of honor duties include being the bride’s right hand woman or man. From all the running around or emotional support. And believe me, their will be emotional support. There will be lots of maid of honor duties including fluffing the train, fixing makeup, planning the shower and bachelorette party.
- The maid of honor will direct the other bridesmaids through their duties. There will be decision making on dresses, jewelry, shoes, wedding shower and bachelorette party planning.
- Helping the bride with prewedding tasks, like addressing invites, wedding colors, wedding cake or whatever the bride “chooses” she wants her help with. Some brides want to do all this herself and that’s OK too. Just be there for her when she needs it.
- Maid of honor duties also include hosting or cohost the bridal shower.
- The maid of honor will keep a record of the gifts from the wedding shower or she can delegate a bridesmaid to handle this.
- Plan the bachelorette party with the bridesmaids.
- The maid of honor usually holds the groom’s ring during the ceremony. She can wear it on her thumb to keep it safe.
- She needs to make sure the bride’s train and veil are just right before the ceremony begins and just after she arrives at the altar.
- The MOH will hold the bride’s bouquet while the couple exchanges vows.
- Signing the marriage license as a witness will be in the maid of honor duties too.
- The MOH with the other bridesmaids will act as hosts showing guests where to sit, where the restrooms are, tell them to where to put presents, invite them to sign the guest book, etc.
- The maid of honor duties will be to make sure the bride has something to eat and drink and checking with her what she can help with.
- The MOH will prepare a speech or toast that will be delivered before they eat.