Myrtle Beach Rules on Beach Weddings & More
- Weddings with 500 or more participants and 101 or more chairs may need a special permit.
- When utilizing a tent depending on the size may need a permit.
- Most of all, Weddings that do not meet the standards listed below.
Myrtle Beach Rules and guidelines for a wedding requiring permits are as follows:
- The city of Myrtle Beach is a public area, and therefore no one has exclusive use of any section of the beach.
- There should be no activities on the beach dunes due to erosion.
- There shall not be activities that can block an emergency beach access.
- Your wedding can be conducted behind any established lifeguard and umbrella lines just not in front.
- Parking in appropriate parking areas.
- Obtain a Horry County Business License for anyone who performs a service within the unincorporated areas of Horry County.
- Please do not throw rice on the beach. Due to a county ordinance for feeding wild fowl.
- Horry County does not allow the release of Chinese lanterns due to pollution.
- If you have additional questions, please contact Horry County Police Beach Patrol at (843) 915-7953.
A Horry County, South Carolina marriage license Probate Court. They can be reached at (843) 915-5370 or visit them at http://www.horrycounty.org/Departments/ProbateCourt.aspx.